Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I wanted to say this but obviously Bill Richardson is on my wavelength

It looks like Richardson day today. Following up the last post, he had the following press release on George Bush's speech. I had been planning to blog about the President's speech, but Gov. Bill's press release says it better than I could have:

"I strongly oppose any plan to increase American troop levels in Iraq. Sending more American troops will not make us safer. It will only add to the sectarian violence that is already tearing Iraq apart. I am also very concerned with this plan’s impact on our overburdened National Guard forces, which already compose half of our forces in Iraq.

The only surge we need in Iraq is a diplomatic one. We need to withdraw American troops from Iraq this year, redeploy our men and women to Afghanistan and other international terrorism hotspots, and reinvigorate our diplomacy throughout the Middle East. We need a political solution to the Iraq crisis, not a military one."


Amen.

No comments: