Friday, February 29, 2008

My daughter gives a great zinger.

Yesterday Barack Obama gave a rousing speech in Beaumont, Texas. I was watching it on MSN just now, and part of it went like this, when he started talking about the need for parents to be more involved with their children:

"Am I right? So turn off the TV set. Put the video game away. Buy a little desk. Or put that child at the kitchen table. Watch them do their homework. If they don’t know how to do it, give ‘em help. If you don’t know how to do it, call the teacher. Make ‘em go to bed at a reasonable time! Keep ‘em off the streets! Give ‘em some breakfast!"

One of my sixth grade daughters (who also loves Obama) came out of the computer room just as he got to the line, "Make 'em go to bed at a reasonable time!" So I gaver her a nudge on the back and said, "See?"

She quickly turned around and joked back at me, "Can I change to Hillary Clinton?"

If that Clinton commercial about her working late at night comes on, I'm changing the channel.

Well, she's eleven, but she keeps asking me when she will be able to run for precinct committeeperson. I'm sure she'll be a good one, but for right now I still get to tell her when it's time to turn the light off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds like she'd make a great politician.

Anonymous said...

Thanks I am his daughter. I can't wait to be twevle (let alone thirty-two) because I will be closer to the age I can run for president! I am really looking forward to the 2008 Presidential eletion! I will be happy if Hillary wins the primary, but not as happy as if Obama wins. I also want to run for the legilater, governer, and sente. Oh yeah I told dad to post the blog! (wink-wink)