Thursday, February 01, 2007

There are very few things you can get for free anymore, and blogger is one of them. And I appreciate it.

But I've seen how some (mostly right leaning sites) have pitched a hissy fit over the latest round of glitches to hit blogger.

So let me post what I wrote on one of them (specifically Althouse:)


UH, HELLO!!!

This service is, like, FREE!!!

There is an old adage that you get what you pay for.

I expect that the people who complain about blogger are mostly the same kind of people (generally conservatives) who want something for nothing-- they rush to cut taxes but then they are the first ones in line to complain when police patrols get cut back, the school is a little slower about fixing a leak in the roof, or the city starts collecting trash once a week instead of twice a week.

As long as I'm paying nothing for the service, I appreciate whatever the folks at Google do to provide me with this FREE service and I don't complain about the glitches.


I wonder why righties always want to look a gift horse in the mouth?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the new blogger is great, I think. They're just working on it and making it better. Just a few inconveniences like when the contractors are emodeling the house and the plumber works on the toilet when I am trying to take a shower.

shrimplate said...

If you're showering when the plumber's working on the toilet then you might have a whole 'nuther set o' problems, I must say.

Butt crack jokes ensue.